Wednesday, September 15, 2010

"We're telepathetic"

Photobucket


Exactly 6 months later.. I'm back. Once again, a lot of shit has happened, but I'd rather not get into it. The one thing I want to talk about is my new best friend, Zach. We started talking in July, and talk every day now. I almost always wake up to a "good morning" text from him. It doesn't always say exactly that, but that's the main idea. It's nice and always makes me wake up smiling. We pretty much text non stop for the rest of the day until he goes to bed. As boring as that may sound, I love talking to him. He literally brightens my day. Whenever I feel down, he cheers me up. He's lame, but I love him for that. I remember one night I texted him, and he replied saying he was just about to text me. He said we must be telepathic. I replied with "Or telepethetic." Ever since then, when something like that happens, we blame it on being telepathetic. We call each other lame all the time, but to us, that's the word for "awesome" in a way. The other thing we call each other on a regular basis is a "butthead." He calls me one pretty much at least twice daily. But he has his butthead moments too.

The second time we hung out, which was just last Saturday, he seemed to be an extra butthead. He said I wasn't "that hideously ugly," got mad at me for not eating, forced me onto a trampoline, shot foam darts at me, and made me listen to crap music. But he also gave me a pretty purple flower, which is now sitting inside a cup of water on my nightstand. The trampoline thing was his biggest butthead move. After finally convincing me to get on, and saying he wouldn't bounce, he decided to bounce and roll around anyway. As if that wasn't enough, when I stood to move, he felt the need to try to push me back down. Major butthead moment. But even through all that, what I remembered most about the day was driving down the street, listening to music, laughing, and getting out of my town with my best friend.

I honestly wonder how I lived without this kid. He has become such a huge part of my life, and I'm so grateful for it. He's always making me laugh and smile. And when I'm being down on myself, thinking I suck and I'm ugly and all that other stuff, he always knows just what to say to make me feel better. Zach truly is my best friend, and I love him to death. He's super sweet, incredibly lame, and the absolute best. <3 I love having him in my life.

He keeps me sane.

No comments:

Post a Comment